
Today I was able to attend the last day of exhibits at the American Library Associations Annual Conference held at the Anaheim Convention Center. The exhibit floor was so overwhelming I didn't know where to begin. Luckily I was able to go with my coworker Kelsey who had attended the full conference and knew a little bit about the lay of the land there. She was able to guide me to booths I was interested in seeing. In addition to checking out the vendors I deal with on a normal basis (mostly the government agencies) I was able to see the offerings of some publishers I don't have the opportunity to use. My favorite vendors were the children's book publishers and the graphic novel publishers seemed to be very popular. I got many samples of graphic novels for my boys. The bonus of attending on the last day is that many publishers want to get rid of their stock at reduced prices so they don't have to ship anything back. I scored in the last 15 minutes today when Harper Collins started selling everything for $1. A couple of weeks ago Rob told me not to buy Ryan even one more book because his shelf can't hold anymore but I couldn't pass up a deal like that and Scholastic was selling paperbacks for only $2. Tell me, what is a girl to do? Buy a bag full of books of course. Now I'm going to have to figure out how to fit them on the shelf before he notices.




No comments:
Post a Comment