I had so much fun yesterday at the Luau Crop at the Red Bee. Echo did a great job with decorations. At the table we got a plastic lei, Hersey's Kisses with macadamia nuts (which she brought back from her recent trip to Hawaii) and a very cute sugar cookie decorated like a pineapple (the cookies were made by one of the attendees I don't remember her name but they were really cute). I don't know what I was thinking ( I guess I wasn't) but I forgot to take pictures of anything while I was there. There were paper flowers and fish hanging from the ceiling and the food table was covered by a grass hut with flowers all over it and Hawaiian music playing all day. For lunch we had Hawaiian Pizza and dinner was from a local Hawaiian restaurant. I had the BBQ Chicken and there was also Kaula Pork and I think it was BBQ Beef with rice, Potato Macaroni Salad, Long Rice Noodles and Asian Coleslaw. For dessert there were tropical fruit sorbets.
I missed my friend Nan but there were a few ladies I knew from the Quickutz Club. Of course I was talking more than working but I got a few things done. I finished this canvas that I started on Friday.
I also pretty much finished this mini book of my family's girls trip to San Francisco. I'm going to finish it up with journaling and embellishments, bind it and then duplicate it six more times to give one to all the other ladies that were on the trip. I was going to use Basic Grey Boxer paper but that was before I saw the Making Memories Passport paper. I had to change the whole thing from what I originally planned to do. The covers were already done so I had to keep the Boxer there but the inside is Passport.
I was trying to participate in a challenge we got at the crop to finish pages with a list of items to include and I made this page for "use glitter paper". You can't tell very well on this picture but the title was made with black Doodlebug Sugar Coated paper. I won't be using that stuff again anytime soon, it makes an awful mess. There was black glitter all over the place when I was done.




No comments:
Post a Comment