Friday, July 18, 2008

An Afternoon at the Beach

On Wednesday was the service celebrating Grandpa Holcomb's life. It was just perfect for him, especially since he planned the whole thing and wrote everything he wanted out ahead of time. I think he would have been very pleased with everything. Since it has been such a rough week for everyone yesterday "Uncle" Joe (hard to explain but through Grandpa's marriage to Barbara he is an honorary uncle) planned a beach day for all of the kids to let loose and unwind. Ryan and Shane had a blast hanging out with all of their cousins (all of us weren't there today but there are a total of 20 grandkids and 5 great grandkids in the family). My camera battery died so I took more pictures with cousin Ardith's camera. As soon as she can figure out how to upload and burn them to a disk for me I will post more pictures of the older kids and the bon fire.  I don't know why I am still up at this hour, I really should get to bed now.


This kid doesn't even know how to swim yet he kept going out to far for my comfort.  I thought we would have to go in to rescue him.


Playing catch


Briana said today was the first time Lucas ever went into the water.  He's usually too scared.   I guess he got a little more brave since the rest of them were going out too.


Me with my sisters, Briana and Koren

No comments: