Tuesday, October 07, 2008

1st Homecoming Dance

This past weekend Shane went to his first Homecoming dance.  The theme this year was Las Vegas and each class was assigned a Las Vegas Hotel, the Sophomores got Caesars Palace.  I was informed by Shane that they were supposed to dress up in costumes.  I said, "What are you talking about?" I mean it's weird enough that they even have "Homecoming" because I thought that it had something to do with football.  OC High School of the Arts doesn't even have any sports teams.  Shane told me, "Mom, this isn't a regular school it's what we do."  So, I went along with it.

I can't believe that Shane actually paid for his own ticket to the dance.  I wasn't totally off the hook though. A couple of weeks before the dance he told me we had to go shopping for an outfit and he arranged to go shopping with one of the girls from school.  He was planning to go in a toga but decided it would be to uncomfortable to wear the whole night.  He decided to modernize the idea and went with an all white shirt, pants and shoes with a vest. Most of they guys had similar outfits except for Shane's friend Joe. He dressed up like a Roman citizen, Rob said he looked like he worked at Caesars Palace.  Luckily there were more people dressed in costume when they got there.

The night began with a pre dance dinner hosted by his friend Megan's parents. I had to drive all the guys from our neighborhood out to Cota De Caza (a 40 minute drive) for dinner. There were at least 20 girls there and only 7 boys (what a bunch of lucky guys).  Megan's parents chartered a party bus to take them to the dance at Game Works in Long Beach. Afterwards another mom picked them up and took them to an after party at another girls house and yet another mom picked them up from there and the guys all crashed at his friend Luke's house. I think they were out until almost 3:00 am.  

I think Shane was a little embarrassed to have me around taking pictures so I gave him the camera and made him promise to take pictures.  The pictures I got back were not the best but I'm glad to have them to see what part of his night was like.  He said it was AWSOME! 


The Group

The Guys

No comments: