Sunday, June 08, 2008

Scrappy Saturday

I had the best scrappy day yesterday.  I went to the Me & My Freckle Friends Crop to benefit Autism Speaks held at Me & My Big Ideas offices. It went from 10 am to 10 pm (we all wish it had been longer though).

I got the coveted spot at our table next to my friend Nan which apparently was quite a feat considering how many people requested to sit next to her. The space was tight and it was a bit stuffy before the fans were brought out but it was all good.  I was just glad to be away from home doing what I enjoy. Since Nan knows everyone I met a lot of people that knew each other from CKU Anaheim last year (I recognized them all but since I wasn't very active in scrapbooking then I didn't really know anyone).

The decorations were very cute, everything was pink and featured the puzzle piece which is the Autism Speaks logo.  Our name badges were big pink laminated puzzle pieces with our name on it.  We did several nice make and takes (pictures posted below). For lunch we had chicken or beef garden salads with chips and salsa from Wahoo's Fish Taco and for dinner there were three different types of pasta and the best focaccia bread I've ever had from a local Italian restaurant. I have a hard time concentrating at crops and tend to just chat with everyone so I like to work on kits.  I worked on a Little Yellow Bicycle Zach's Life mini book Kit for Shane and I finished 3 two page layouts from the CK Hall Of Fame page kit I got from QVC last month.  At the very end I had time to foam my new QK font set Rockstar.

I had a great time cropping with my new scrappy friends but it really made me realize how much I miss my CKU Chicago scrapping buddies, Sarah, Kim, Cheryl, Mary and Nicole (Hi, Ladies).  I can't wait to hear where CKU will be next year so we can start planning where we will meet next.


Zach's Life mini book, I left it pretty plain since it's for a guy and he can put his own pictures in it.

This is a make and take project we did with Annie Adams, she demoed the Canon SELPHY ES2 compact photo printer.  We made this layout about our day, she took our picture and printed it attached to a little calendar. I didn't do mine the same as her example (hers said Today at the top with the puzzle piece), I added some flowers and Stickles.


Another make and take, this one taught by Suzie Gurzi from MAMBI.  It's a banner for the 4th of July.  I love it!  I've been wanting to make a banner ever since I saw one Candice Stringham did for Halloween here.  Again, I did my own thing we had the option of closing it up to make it into a star or leaving it open as a banner.


This make and take project was taught by Suzy Plantamura a CK HOF winner. It's very pink and involved tulle, cutting felt and sewing buttons.  Very girly, I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it but I decided to use it for a picture of me with my sisters.  I will probably add more to it when I put a picture on it.


This was a little container I won when my name was pulled for a prize.  It was one of the table decorations and had pretzels in it still (Ryan ate those up as soon as I got home).  I think it will be perfect for holding my Stickles.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how all your projects came out.......I had a lot of fun too! What a great day....so nice to see you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Victoria ! So great to sit near you at that crop -- finally get to know you better !
What a FUN day !
And I love you layouts too :-)

Too much FUN.

Scrappy Running Me said...

fun fun fun....the fun never stops. but where was the pie?? ;)