Thursday, January 29, 2009

Christmas, Birthdays and CHA

I can't belive it's been a month since I've posted here.  After Ryan got out of the hospital last month things got really busy around here.  We've celebrated Christmas, Ryan and Shane's birthdays and I just had the opportunity to go to the Craft and Hobby Convention and Trade Show.

This was going to be our Christmas photo for the year but I never got the cards finished and sent out.


We had a Wii filled Christmas this year.  Shane and Rob both have their own game systems and Ryan never got to play so we got the Wii just for him for Christmas.  He's very generous with it though and lets all of us play.  There have been many intense Wii Sports battles.




I can't believe how fast time goes. It just seems like yesterday that he was our happy little baby, now he's our sweet big boy.  Ryan celebrated his 6th birthday with a Star Wars Lego theme.  He requested a Lego cake so I did my best to make it look like a Lego block.  Every one came over for pizza and Wii.  He was most excited to get Legos Star Wars and Batman for Wii.


Shane wanted to spend the day at Howie's Game Shack with his friends for his birthday so I dropped them off in the morning with All Day Passes and that night everyone came over for dinner and cake.  I can hardly believe he's already 16 years old and learning to drive.


Since then the most exciting thing for me has been having the opportunity to go to CHA.  My friend Nan asked if I would be able to help her with doing Make n' Takes for the Zutter Innovative Products booth.  I said heck yeah. CHA is for retailers to see and place orders for all of the new products for the next season.  I never thought I would ever be able to get into CHA so I was very excited to be able to go.  Thanks Nan.

This was the Make n' Take Nan designed using the new Zutter Cover All's and Perfect Closures. 

I'm not sure how many people made the project but I'm sure over the four days I must have taught hundreds of people how to use the tools and helped them finish their mini books. Even though I spent most of the time in the Zutter booth and didn't see everything (that place was huge) I really had a good time talking to all the people that stopped by to make the project. Talking about scrapbooking all day is way better than going to work.


Sorry there aren't pictures of the show but there were signs all over as you came in the show that said you weren't allowed to take pictures without permission so I  felt weird taking pictures.  The people working in the booths were all busy making sales so I didn't want to bother them to ask if I could. I saw lots of great new products I'm looking forward to buying.

1 comment:

Scrappy Running Me said...

your boys are cute as can be.
thanks for helping at CHA.
xoxoxox