We got to spend the weekend at Big Bear Lake with friends of ours. It was an exciting drive up Friday night. It was snowing, chains were required and I don't do well in extreme weather. Rob got us there safely though. Ryan had a head cold and I wouldn't let him snowboard this trip. While Rob went boarding on Saturday, Ryan and I stayed behind. I don't really like being outside in nature but I do enjoy seeing it through the window while sitting next to a roaring fire.
This was our view from the balcony.
I took Ryan outside to play in the snow while Rob was snowboarding. He had lots of fun rolling around in the snow.
Snow angel
For some reason Ryan thought it was so funny to smash handfuls of snow in his face. I totally would have had brain freeze but it didn't bother him at all to have that chunk of ice stuck to his forehead.
Sunday before we headed back home Rob played outside with Ryan for a couple of hours. They built this cute little snowman together. I think it was the first one Rob's ever built. Afterwards, Ryan and his friend Mason decided they wanted to build a family of snowmen to go with it. We have plans to go back again next month. Hopefully, Shane will come with us next time. He wouldn't go with us this trip, his school's Winter Formal was on Saturday and he didn't want to miss it.




No comments:
Post a Comment