I don't know what happened but it seems as though I haven't posted anything on my blog since Halloween. For now I will just post a few pictures and comments about what's happened since then and I will do a separate post for Christmas later.
The Kindergarten classes at Ryan's school put 0n a Thanksgiving program and the kids were supposed to dress up as a pilgrim or an Indian. I thought for sure Ryan would want to be an Indian but he insisted on being a pilgrim. On our way to Joann's to get fabric to make his costume I decided to take a peek in Party City. Lucky for me I saw this costume on the floor, the only one left with all the pieces in his size. It was so worth the $25, it would have cost me just as much for the fabric and pattern and I saved myself hours of sewing time.
We started decorating for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving. No one but Ryan was feeling very festive. Rob worked hard all day getting the lights up outside but neither Shane or I felt like decorating the tree. If it wasn't for Ryan's excitement I don't know if we would have gotten it done. The photo above sums up having a couple of boys helping you decorate. Ryan decided to try and actually wear the stockings.
Ryan gave us quite a scare when he came down with a cold over the weekend of December 13th. I didn't think to much about it but I did start him on breathing treatments every 4 hours. Even doing that though he still didn't sound right and on Monday when I took him to be checked by his doctor I found out it was quite serious. Due to his asthma being aggravated by the cold he was in respiratory distress and had to be put on oxygen. She admitted him to Children's Hospital of Orange County and he had to take the short ride to the hospital by ambulance. He ended up having to stay in the hospital until Friday. Rob stayed with him at night and I stayed with him during the day. They were very long days since it was extremely hard to keep him occupied all day when he couldn't get out of bed. He had several visitors while he was there; "Santa" (courtesy of the Orange County Fire Department) came to the hospital on the back of a fire truck to visit and hand out gifts, Ryan got a little box of Legos which kept him busy for a while. His cousins came to visit a couple of times while he was there, his teacher from school came one night and brought him lots of goodies and his babysitter Tamberlyn came another night with even more goodies to keep him occupied. We were all thankful that he recovered quickly and came home so we could all be together again. It was a rough week.




No comments:
Post a Comment