Wednesday, September 03, 2008

First Day of Kindergarten

Today was Ryan's first day of Kindergarten.  He was so excited to be going to the big kid school. Last year he could see some of his friends that had moved on to the other side of the preschool playground wall to the elementary school.  They got to wear uniforms and had back packs and did homework.  He wanted to be on the other side of that wall really bad, today it was finally his turn.  Here he is with his uniform and backpack. 

We had to attend an hour long orientation in the chapel and then we were excused to walk the kids to their class where we got to spend half an hour getting them settled in.  I was very happy that Ryan was placed in Mrs. Seeley's class.  She has been teaching Kindergarten at Calvary for 19 years. While some of Ryan's best buddies aren't in the same class as him there were several kids in his class that he knew from preschool.  I told him he would see his other friends at recess and he seemed to be okay with that.


When I asked Ryan what he remembered the most about his first day of school he told me about his teacher reading them a story about the Gingerbread Man and then having gingerbread cookies and milk at snack time.  I'm so glad I got the Gingerbread Man in the picture I took of Ryan with his teacher and was able to crop it out so he will remember it.


Unfortunately, Ryan didn't make it through his first day of Kindergarten.  I got a phone call from the office around 2:45 that he had gotten sick after nap time and threw up.  I had to go pick him up from the nurses office.  I guess he will miss the second day of school and hopefully he will be back to business on Friday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i like the gingerbread boy...i love your last paragraph. it sounds like the narrator on those unsolved mystery 48 hours shows. when that wrong turn happens and they were never heard from again. my pics look so bad i had some serious light ing issues. i did non traditional poses. i cannot believe they are in kindergarten!!!!