On Wednesday Sarah and I decided to drive into Chicago to sight see. Oh my, I thought traffic was bad here in California. It was just as bad or worse there, also there is no parking downtown. I thought there would be plenty of garages to park in but no such luck for me. After driving around for an hour looking for parking to go see the Sears Tower we gave up and headed to Windy City Scrapbooking. The ladies there were so nice and it was a very cute store in a totally cool neighborhood. I'm not sure what the area was called but it looked like the kind of neighborhood that was a little down but was on an upswing, kind of artsy. Lucky for me it was near another place I wanted to stop into, Cupcakes Bakery. I saw a list of the best cupcakes in the United States on an MSN article and this place was listed. I haven't tried a lot of cupcake bakeries
yet (I will be though) and they were so yummy. With driving instructions from a girl from the scrapbooking store we headed back downtown.
I got to drive down Lake Shore Drive and it was just beautiful, I couldn't even believe I was there. I finally found the garage and parked and happened to be right across the street from where I wanted to go. I got to go
to Millennium Park and see the sculptures in the park. The silver bean was so cool, I got some really nice pictures. I walked up Michigan Avenue and looked in a couple of shops, bought some souvenirs for the kids and it was time to head back to the hotel for dinner.
Back at the hotel we met up with some other people from our CKU Chicago Yahoo Group message board. I met Kim and Natalie who were from Illinois, Mary from Minnesota and Cheryl from Alaska and of course my friend Nan I met at last years CKU in Anaheim. She lives here in Orange County too. I took a mini album class that night but I didn't stay the whole time because the paper in the kit didn't match the instructions and I got all confused so I decided to finish it myself at home. After the class there was a Meet and Mingle with the instructors. I got to see all of the projects we would be working on and meet and take pictures with all of the instructors.




No comments:
Post a Comment