Tuesday, March 11, 2008

CKU Chicago - Day 1

Well, I managed somehow to make it to Chicago, find the rental car place and get myself to the hotel smoothly (thank goodness for portable GPS systems).  The hotel is very nice and my room is big.  My first outing after checking in was to Hobby Lobby which is a huge mega sized craft store that we don't have in California.  Kind of like Michaels but ten times bigger.  I didn't know which way to turn when I stepped through the doors.  I wanted to run back to the car and get my camera because words just can't describe how big it is, I did take a picture of the outside of the store.  



When I got back to the hotel I met two ladies who also arrived today and we went out to dinner at The Cheesecake Factory.  Sarah is here all the way from Oxford, England and Pam is here from Raliegh, North Carolina and neither of them had been there before. 

After dinner we took a quick trip to a scrapbooking store called Archivers.  It was a nice store I wanted to check it out because we don't have Archivers in California and I always see advertisements for them in my magazines.  We decided to meet Wednesday morning to go into Chicago and sightsee, I'm so glad I don't have to go by myself.  There is a bakery called Cupcakes I want to go to and I'm not sure what other sights I want to see but the weather is pretty nice so I might go to the Lincoln Park area. 

No comments: