Monday, January 21, 2008

Snow Suit Shopping

This weekend we went out shopping for snow gear because in a couple of weeks we will be heading up to Big Bear Lake with some friends for the weekend for some fun in the snow.  I'm feeling a little teeny tiny bit like a bad mom for not taking Shane sooner.  He's fifteen now and has never seen snow before.  I don't know why it's taken this long, maybe it's because for the first ten years of his life we didn't have a car that would make it to the snow or more likely I'm just not very much of an outdoorsy nature kind of girl.

OK, back to snow suit shopping.  Oh my gosh can I just say, why does this stuff cost so much? I kind of expected it to be a wee bit pricey but goodness, $250 for a jacket, $150 for pants (both sale prices) for something we will wear maybe once or twice this year?  I think Rob had sticker shock.  The only plus is that maybe Shane's growth will slow down a bit and we won't have to buy him new stuff next year. Hopefully, after this initial investment if we go again next year we will only have to outfit Ryan again (or maybe not since we got his stuff really big, maybe we can get two years out of it).   Anyway, Ryan is super excited he wanted to go to the snow right away.  He put all of his stuff on when we got home to model for us.  We also got him a sled, so after he put all his gear on he had to demonstrate for us how he was going to go down the hill with it.  










In spite of how much money we had to spend today I was shocked when Rob agreed to stop at The Red Bee (a local craft store) on the way home. Imagine my surprise when I heard him calling me over to look at something he found and proceeded to give me suggestions of scrapbook pages to do.  I'm afraid it may not have been such a good idea having him go into a scrap booking store. He and Ryan were talking about doing their own scrapbook pages.  I told them it was my thing and that they should just go on down to the sporting goods store to browse until I was done.  I'm glad they are interested in what I'm doing but I don't need them getting ideas and then trying to use all of my tools and supplies, can you imagine (I have a hard enough time now keeping them away from my scissors already).

No comments: