This month Ryan decided he didn't like any of the clothes he had been wearing. Every morning was a battle over what to wear. This was a challenge for me since Shane always wore whatever I put out for him with no complaints. Ryan definitely has his own sense of style. His style is to wear all of your favorite things at the same time with no regard to if it matches or not. His absolute favorite outfit was a bright golden yellow tee shirt with a blue dune buggy on it with his green camouflage pants topped off with a pin stripped vest. I finally gave up and just let him wear what he wanted to school.
He really liked to dress up too. He kept trying to wear his blue velvet suit jacket or his red plaid shirt and sweater vest he got around Christmas time. I noticed the stores were carrying a lot of shirts and sweater vests for Easter. I decided to buy him some button up shirts and sweater vests and some new brown dress shoes. He was so happy with his new clothes. For the whole week he went to school dressed up in his vests. He called them his work clothes.
I took these pictures after he tried on some of his new clothes. I think he looks so much older, not my little four year old boy. He looks like a big kid who can take care of himself. As the old saying goes he does look "sharp as a tack" though.
I guess I will have to accept the fact that in what feels like the blink of an eye he will be a teenager of fourteen like Shane is now. Where does the time go and why does it go by so fast?




No comments:
Post a Comment