Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Shane earns Boy Scout Ranks


Over Summer vacation Shane attended 3Falls Boy Scout Camp in Frazier Park for a week. Ryan really missed him while he was gone but Shane had a lot of fun and participated in many activities like swimming, rifle shooting, leather work, fire safety and pioneering. He spent many hours practicing rifle shooting and earned a Pro Marksman award from the NRA. All of Shane's hard work paid off when last Tuesday his Troop held their Court of Honor ceremony. Shane received two rank advancements, Scout and Tenderfoot as well as merit badges for rifle shooting, orienteering, fire safety and pioneering. This was the first Court of Honor ceremony I have been to and I didn't realize that parents had to go on stage as well as the scout. Although I was quite uncomfortable being in front of all of those people I was honored to be acknowledged for the effort I put into helping Shane by driving him to his Boy Scout activities and encouraging him to continue and work hard. I am very proud of Shane's accomplishments in Boy Scouting and I hope he will continue to earn more merit badges and someday become an Eagle Scout.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A very big Shout out to my Grandson Shane. I am proud of you as always. I knew you could do it. Keep making me Proud.
Seandell aka Grandpa