
I knew it would happen sooner or later, but I really expected it to be much later than it was. This Saturday Ryan had his first of probably many visits to the hospital emergency room. I'm not sure of exactly what happened but according to eye witnesses he was rough- housing lost his balance and fell backwards hitting his head on the T.V. stand. I was in another room and just heard a "crack" sound and screaming. When I got to him he said he hit his head on the T.V. When I first looked at his head it seemed o.k. but then the blood started dripping (I don't think I freaked out to badly, I tried my hardest to stay calm). Rob and I cleaned his head up and put ice on it. It seemed like it was going to be o.k. but a couple of hours later it started bleeding again and it wouldn't stop. I called Urgent Care and of course they were closing in five minutes, so I had to take him in to the Emergency Room at St. Joseph's Hospital. It wasn't to bad of a wait, after only an hour and a half we went home with the addition of three staples in his head. He was very good and didn't cry or wiggle. He was more concerned with trying to watch the Angel's game on the T.V. in the lobby outside of his room.




No comments:
Post a Comment